Sunday 26 September 2010

Fancy a bit of crumpet?















Tanya's thoughts:
Firstly - yes homemade crumpets taste amazing and nothing like the store bought ones.
Secondly and regretfully I'm not sure it's worth the effort. I can't believe I of all people would say that when it comes to baking. Basically it starts off with a bread making process which is fine but of course waiting for it to rise etc is time consuming. Then it's fiddly and takes time cooking them all. Yes I only had a couple of crumpet rings that slowed everything down but unless you have 5 frying pans on the go with 5 crumpet rings in each it's always going to take a bit of time. I started making these at a reasonable hour of 9am on a Saturday morning and think we were eating them just after 11am :/ Or later but can't really remember. That traumatic, perhaps I blocked it out :p
Maybe if someone asked me to make these as a dying wish I would consider it. I said consider :p



No comments:

Post a Comment