Sunday 26 September 2010

Chocolate profiteroles

 



















Tanya's thoughts:
And I did myyyyyyy way.... Well I subsituted the flour for gluten free and it worked - this doesn't always. So Sue was very happy with me - first tme she'd eaten profitaroles in 20 years apparently! Now there's loads of receips on how to do these - I used a combination of Nigella and Tana Ramsey's receipes as they both had really good tips in. I would say this - when they came out of the oven they were slightly crispy which I was disapointed about. But i left them in a tin overnight (as was making them in advance for lunch the next day) and in the morning they were softer and spongey - the perfect choux pastry texture. Also as they're quite fiddly would recommend making them the day before anyway. Another recommendation - i just melted chocolate and butter for the sauce as per Nigella's recipe but to me it wasn't thick enough - I think I associate chocolate profiteroles with the co-op ones me mum used to buy where it was almost a chocolate icing so may try something different next time. James wants me to make the French version 'Croquembouche'.





















 James's verdict:
"very popular, especially with my mother"

No comments:

Post a Comment