Sunday 10 July 2011

Treats of the week







So last week I had 6 reasons why I should be fatter but now it's gone down to 3 - so that's a good sign right? :p

White chocolate, blueberry/blackberry cupcakes




 The white chocolate cupcakes with blackberry/blueberry icing were lovely - in fact one of the best i've made I think. And everyone who tried them agreed so must be good! :p Form the green & black's chocolate cookbook that Kat and Tash bought me for my last bday. The fruit is squished and added to the icing which gives it that fantastic purple colour and piped into the cakes. The white chocolate is cut into small chunks and then added to the cake batter. I think next time I might melt the chocolate so it had an all over flavour not just bursts.






















Tash's pink and sparkly cupcakes
















As  it's Tash's bday it had to be pink and very girly. I made a chocolate sponge (from the devil 's food chocolate cupcake receipt i tried recently as it was so nice) and then pink butter icing with 'pearl' decorations. glitter and pink sugar. they looked great - shame the camera doesn't pick up the sparkles!




Sunday morning welsh rarebit muffins




This is from  'Nigela bites' book and i've made them before a few times but not in ages. I used half spelt flour so it had an earthy taste that went well with the cheese and Worcester sauce. Would definitely recommend them - warm from the oven with a slab of butter - great stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment