Sunday 10 July 2011

Summer Salads

Shock horror - something that's not sweet!? It's been a while. Made these for my friend Adrian's BBQ today (Hello Adrian if you're reading this and thanks again - was lovely sitting in your garden all afternoon :) Well, worth cutting the grass and save me your apples once they've grown!) I just regret I didn't make more of the salads as they went pretty quickly.



I normally just throw a salad together but I watched Gwyneth Paltrow making a roast chicken on her youtube video and realised the I had all the ingredients for the side salad she made to accompany the meal. So it's lettuce, watercress, radishes, pea and carrot. The peas (in their pods) and carrots were blanched for a few mins to make them a bit softer (these were from the PYO farm we went to last weekend). I made a honey dressing for it with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.


This potato salad is a pretty classic dish of mine but one I thought I could share -lucky you (whoever's reading this). Based on one my mum used to make when I was younger and still makes in fact. Dare I say her's always tastes better than mine - i don't know why. So Charlotte potatoes with chives, finely cut spring onions and mint with a bit of Mayo, Dijon mustard and extra virgin olive oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment