Sunday 31 July 2011

Pea, mint and ricotta ravioli (wheat-free!)















So this was a Jamie Oliver recipe which I really only picked to use up the peas we picked from the PYO farm recently.

As my mother in law was staying I had to make the pasta wheat free and to be honest it tasted fine! I was a little bit worried but I used wheat free flour for breads/cakes and added a bit of olive oil along with the eggs. The dough consistency was pretty similar to normal but when I tried to put it through the pasta machine it crumbled. So I rolled it out with a rolling pin and it seemed to work just fine - I got a thin layer and it remained intact while it was cooking.

It was a success and the only thing I wasn't sure about what the mixture itself - it tasted of spring and freshness but in my opinion it was just OK - Sue and James liked it though. Would definitely make wheat free pasta/ravioli again but probably with a different filling.














Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment