Wednesday 22 June 2011

Hungover hummingbird cupcakes















So what would you be doing after travelling back home for hours on a Sunday after a long boozey wedding on the Saturday?? Why bake some cupcakes of course?!

So this is from my 'Eat me' book which to be honest I've found pretty hit and miss so far.















In regards to this recipe:





























Pro's: had amazing flavours and were unusual (banana, pineapple, pecan, vanilla and cinnamon
Con's: The batter was so watery - I cooked for an extra 15 mins but still thought the sponge was too soft (although others thought fine), i don't think these cakes needed the soft cheese/butter icing that it had listed as the sponge was so moist (like a carrot or banana cake) it would only need a thin layer if any.

However it gave me the opportunity to play with a new nozzle! Introducing the shell one from the icing bag set I got from HoF. And experimenting with new techniques with my wilton :)


No comments:

Post a Comment