Sunday 5 June 2011

Becky's baby shower cake

Pink or blue...




If you google 'baby shower cakes' and look through the images you'll see some pretty foul ones of mother's pushing out their babies. Luckily for Becky I'm not that skillful so had to go down a more simplistic route... :p

Becky and Steve are keeping the baby's sex a surprise which inspired my 'Pink or blue' theme. So I cooked two sandwich tins of cake batter (4 eggs used but omitted 2 of the egg yolks so the batter wasn't too much of a yellow batter) coloured pink and blue (not much food colouring needed-i used an 'angel cake' recipe as a guide). Then tricky part - I cut each cake in half (very tricky!! any advice on how to cut this straight and evenly would be appreciated!) I then sandwiched them together with a butter-cream cheese icing (Asked Becky is she minded, she did not - she's not being too strict about what she can eat!) Then covered the cake in the same icing but I coloured this blue too. I then rolled out ready made icing and cut out the stork with baby and clouds with a message.




































Easy!? We all enjoyed it and ensured Becky ate the part of cake which had the baby's head. Is that weird/wrong?? :p


No comments:

Post a Comment